…let’s pour out a little Henny for the punditry’s crazy predictions that ended up being completely crazy.
- There was no brokered convention.
- Ron Paul did not magic his meagre support into victory through his supporters’ passion and an understanding of complicated rules.
- Romney’s health care plan wasn’t a dealbreaker for his party.
- Romney’s religion wasn’t a dealbreaker for his party.
- Romney’s moderate record wasn’t a dealbreaker for his party.
- Herman Cain, Newt Gingrich, Michele Bachmann, Donald Trump, and Sarah Palin did not win the GOP nomination.
- The GOP was not convinced by the media’s infatuation for Jon Huntsman.
- The GOP was not destroyed by infighting between the establishment and disgruntled Santorum acolytes.
- Sheldon Adelson did not buy Newt Gingrich the nomination, and, it turns out, nor does her hate Mitt Romney that much.
- The anti-Romney did not materialize.
In fact, the boring old rich white guy who has been running for his party’s nomination for the past six years ended up winning his party’s nomination.
P.S. NO, PLEASE NOTE: THERE WAS NO BROKERED CONVENTION. THERE WILL NOT BE A BROKERED CONVENTION. WE NEED A MASSIVE OL’ SWEAR JAR FOR WHOEVER FEELS LIKE BRINGING THIS UP IN 2016.